I believe that sports are the quintessential form of entertainment and passion, and can serve as the driving force in uniting communities and groups. Win or lose, professional sports teams give us the opportunity to forget, and to engage in something completely different for a few hours and beyond. I want to work in the sports business because it's been the most important thing to me outside of relationzships with friends and family. A sports team staff is more than just promoters. The relationship between the players, those in finance, marketing and communications, and even the towel boy, are essential to the symbiotic nature combined with those on the court or in the locker room. I am personally inspired to use my knowledge of communication and digital media studies, as well as the experience I have gotten through internships in the field, to be apart of the sports communications business upon graduation.
Saint Joseph's University Philadelphia, PA Bachelor of Arts Major: Communications Studies , Minor: Journalism May 2020
Malvern Preparatory School Malvern, PA Diploma May 2016
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:Delaware Blue Coats Wilmington, DE Gameday Assistant Nov. 2018-Present
- -Distribute credentials to media members and staff before the game.
- -Deliver in-game stats to assistant coaches, broadcasters, and radio announcers.
- -Gather and transcribe statements from coaches and players for social media.
Royal Solutions USA Philadelphia,PA Social Media/ Writing Intern May 2018-August 2018
- -Ran and managed company Twitter account for marketing and promotion.
- -Was responsible for creating posts that included multimedia advertisements.
- -Wrote press releases that recorded news or events within the company.
SJU Hawk News Staff Philadelphia, PA Columnist August 2016-Present
- -Write a weekly column that varies from sports, to opinion, and news.
- -Communicate weekly other members of news team, and send work to editors timely.
- -Conduct interviews with some of the biggest names in SJU Athletics, including basketball players Taylor Funk and Charlie Brown.
City of Basketball Love Philadelphia, PA Staff Writer July 2018-October 2018
- -Composed and wrote feature stories, recruiting profiles, and anything revolving around high school and collegiate basketball.
- -Trained extensively with Josh Verlin, owner and editor of CoBL and Philly.com contributor.
- -Published content to a large audience, with the site attracting around 3,000 unique users daily.
- -Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress.
- -Personable, organized, engaging and precise in digital media and journalism.